Slow cooker Chicken Stew
This winter seems to be dragging on. The ice laid down a glossy blanket over the freeways, and highways, bringing cars to a stand still. If horrible road conditions are keeping you inside, what could be cozier than snuggling up with a book, and Slow Cooker Chicken stew?
As the cold continues to blast us, I love to make soups and stews in my slow cooker. Slow cooker chicken recipes are true comfort food to me. This Chicken stew is one of our family favorites to warm up after a day out in the cold.
~This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
The stew is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. And if you haven’t tried using Slow cooker liners, they are a game changer when it comes to clean up.
The recipe is below. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Hunter's Stew
Easy Yummy stew goodness to warm your family on the coldest days.
- 8 OZ Button Mushrooms Stems trimmed and mushrooms halved
- 28 OZ Can Plum Tomatoes Tomotes sliced in half
- 1 cup White Cooking Wine
- 16 OZ Organic green beans Uncut
- 2 tsp Fresh Basil Thinly sliced
- 1 small Onion Thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- 6 Chicken Thighs Remove Skin
Lay the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add onion, mushrooms, green beans, and spices. Slice the tomatoes in half and add. And then pour the Cooking wine over the top. Put the lid on your slow cooker, and cook for 6-7 hours on low.