I have challenged myself this year to eat meatless one day a week. I find breakfast and lunch pretty easy. A smoothie or oatmeal for breakfast, and a salad for lunch. But when dinner comes around it’s going to take more than a salad to not feel a little deprived. I am loving Stuffed and Roasted Portobello mushrooms.
I have been trying out different versions and really love this combo. It’s a hit with the family too! Roasted Portobello Mushrooms are quick to prep, and make a warm and hearty entree. They are low in carbs and can become Vegan by simply using a vegan cheese substitute.
Gather your ingredients. Clean Portobello, removing the gills to leave a nice bowl to put your ingredients into. Then begin stuffing the Portobello Cap. Push ingredients in firmly, but not hard enough to break the mushroom.
Top with Mozzarella cheese, or a Vegan Substitute if you like.
Roast for 18 minutes, broil for 1-2 minutes and enjoy! Do you have a favorite vegetarian or Vegan Recipe?
The full Stuffed & Roast Portobello Recipe is below.
You can find more of my recipes here: Recipes
Roasted Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach
This is a tasty, filling Vegetarian/Vegan meal entree, that does not disappoint. Served with a small green salad to make a full dinner.
- 2 large Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1-1 1/2 Cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 Cup Sliced in half Cherry Tomotoes
- 2 Tbs Thinly chopped fresh Basil
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Maybe be substituted with Vegan cheese to make dish vegan
- 1 Sprinkle Salt for each mushroom
- 1 Sprinkle Pepper for each mushroom
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Wash the Mushroom caps and then remove the gills on the underside. Pat dry the Mushroom caps with a paper towel.
2. In the center of the Mushroom caps put spinach. Press it down firmly but not hard enough to break the mushroom. Next add the minced garlic, sprinkling over both Mushroom caps. Then add the cherry tomatoes, topped with the fresh basil.
3. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of both mushrooms and put them in the oven. Bake for 18 minutes, then broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the tops.