Summer is here, and that means grilling season is open. And what food is more iconic on the grill than a big juicy burger?
With a few tips you can grill a burger that will have them lining up for more.
Juicy Burger Tips
Molding And Seasoning
1. Always start with the freshest ground beef you can. Ideally you want an 80-20 mix to keep patties moist.
2. The process of making your burger patties can actually make them tough. The molding of patties warms up the meat fat, and pulls the moisture from the meat.My tip is to put your ground beef in the freezer for one hour prior to making your patties. This keeps the meat cold through the patty making process, and holds in those juices.
3. The best advice about making juicy burgers, is the seasoning. Don’t salt/season your meat before the patties are formed. Salt and seasonings can strip the meat of moisture. After your patties are formed and ready for the grill, go ahead and season the heck out of them.
Cook It Up!
4. To hold the juices in and so your patties don’t puff up, put one thumb print in the center of each patty before putting it on the grill. The first time I tried this I was shocked at how well it worked. My patties were full and juicy, not shrunken up looking.
5. To assist you with cooking times, you want to make sure all your patties are pretty consistently the same size. By having your patty size consistent, your juicy burgers can all be ready off to come off the grill at the same time.
6. Every grill is different. Your temperature and cooking times will vary. Ideally you want your grill Really hot. You want to sear the exterior of the patties. Cook the patties for 5-7 minutes on each side.
7. Don’t press your patties flat with a spatula while cooking. When you do this you are pressing the juices right out of them. If you put the thumb print on your patty they should not puff up.
Your Perfect Juicy Burger
Now that you know how to get the perfect juicy burger. Be picky about the buns you choose. To hold that juicy burger you need a substantial bun.
Follow the tips above and you should produce the perfect juicy burger. Garnish as desired and enjoy!