The Countdown Is On!
If you have read some of my previous posts, you have probably seen hints of a life transition coming soon. We have finally hit the 6 month countdown. How are we finding peace in this super busy, techy, pressure filled world? We are downsizing to live in a tiny house by the beach.
So you might be wondering… why not buy a big beautiful beach house? Because a big beach house is only beautiful, if you have time to clean it.
We are leaving behind the upkeep and time spent cleaning and maintaining our current traditional style 4 bedroom, 2 bath home. And we are trading it for a 4oo sq foot, 1 bedroom, 1 bath vacation home by the beach we bought 2 years ago.
We have spent the last 2 years visiting our tiny house on the weekends. I feel so torn each time we have to leave. The life we want is there. We long for the peace and quiet.
So we made the decision that we can do this! Yes, we can live full time in a tiny house! And we are going to!
Why Go Tiny? Why Such A Big Life Transition?
- Less upkeep! Hands down we want to free up our time to do things that matter to us like spending time with family, friends, and travel.
- Financial freedom. There is nothing to ease the mind more than trading in a healthy mortgage, for a home that is paid for and won’t require the utility bills of our current home.
- Having less possessions mean less stress! Less, less, less, equals finding peace and calm in your surroundings.
- Decreasing outside distractions leaves more time for US.
- Smaller footprint on the earth. Less is better! We want to decrease our effect on the environment, that we leave for our children and grandchildren.
- Living intentionally. That means making choices for your future, and being fully committed on why you made those choices.
- More options for our future.
How I’m Finding Peace With My Life
For me finding peace means turning back time. I will be leaving the rat race and the corporate push to make more money, that has held me in it’s grip for 20+ years. I will be leaving the overtime hours each week, that I have been putting in front of time with family and friends. I’m ready to get off the merry-go-round of what society told me I needed to strive for, and begin finding peace within my life again.
You may see some changes on the blog as I morph from traditional home style, to the soft blues and aquas of casual ocean tranquility. There will still be home projects, as we turn the tiny house into our dream home. But there will also be more articles on living intentionally, travel, & coastal DIY.
I invite you to join me, as we begin the biggest life transition we could dream up.
You might be interested in these articles on beach, organization, and downsizing.
Or see my favorite Tiny House Living books: